Humanists of North Alabama News! 2017-05-12
Food for thought:
“You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty”. Mahatma Gandhi
- Sunday, May 14: 2:00- 4:00 pm: Non-Fiction Readers Book Discussion Group, meets on the 2nd Sunday of each month. New discussion participants always welcomed! Please join us at the Huntsville Public Library on Monroe Street in Huntsville, room A/B (to the right of the lobby).
This month the group is sharing what they have read and what they recommend.
Come to enjoy some snacks and hopefully leave learning about something new!
“Sometimes it’s not enough to know what things mean, sometimes you have to know what things don’t mean.” ― Bob Dylan
- Sunday, May 21: 2:00-3:30 pm: Monthly meeting at Huntsville Public Library on Monroe Street in Huntsville, room A/B (to the right of the lobby). Open discussion.
- Monday, May 22: 6:00-7:30pm: Philosophy Café. Open discussion on philosophical topics continues on the fourth Monday of each month. This month we are meeting at “Sam & Gregs” at 119 Northside Square. An assortment of pizzas, gelato, and beverages are available for purchase (and to lubricate discussion). New faces are always welcome!
We have created the Humanists of North Alabama discussion group as a closed group to talk about Humanism in Alabama. Let us know if you’d like an invite.
Our events can be found
- on our Meetup group:
- on our FaceBook page:
- on our web page:
Other community events:
NAFA: North Alabama Freethought Association:
(see their Meetup page at http://www.meetup.com/thenafa/ for changes and cancellations)
- 3rd Friday of each month at 6:30 PM – NAFA dinner (currently meeting at Las Parrillas)
- Every Saturday at 10:00 am to noon – Coffee at Angel’s Island Coffee, 7538 Memorial Pkwy SW, Huntsville, AL
- Every Sunday at 10:00 am to noon – Coffee at Bruegger’s Bagel Bakery, 347 Hughes Rd, Madison, AL
MAAF Redstone (Military Association of Atheists and Freethinkers) affiliate group
- MAAF Redstone is for active duty military, veterans, spouses and supportive civilians. Join the conversation on Meetup at http://www.meetup.com/MAAF-Redstone-Meetup/ or join the closed group on MAAF Redstone Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/305467142954231/
- Currently on summer break from meeting
If you received this email from a friend and want to be added to the distribution list, send an email to me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Suggestions for events, meeting venues, topics are always welcome!
Humanists of North Alabama is an official Chapter of the American Humanist Association. Membership in the AHA is strongly encouraged!
“Science knows no country, because knowledge belongs to humanity, and is the torch which illuminates the world.” Louis Pasteur